Did you know that you can successfully fight against a DUI charge in the state of California? Most people do not realize or believe they can overcome a DUI, but we see it happen frequently. Your first step is discovering what can happen to you without an effective defense.
A DUI conviction will impact your life in several ways. For example, you might lose your job if sentenced to serve time in jail (highly likely). You will probably also lose your driving privileges, face an expensive fine and complete a DUI program.
Choosing the best defense for your situation
Once you decide to fight the charges, you must select a defense that aligns with the details of your case. Some effective defense options to choose from include:
- Improper traffic stop: If the police pulled you over without probable cause, this defense might be your best option.
- Rise in BAC: In some cases, you may avoid a DUI conviction by showing that your blood alcohol concentration (BAC) rose to illegal levels after the traffic stop but before police administered the sobriety test.
- Inaccurate breathalyzer: In many cases, having a legal advocate challenge the accuracy of a breathalyzer test can help you avoid a conviction.
- Mishandled blood test: It is possible to challenge the accuracy and handling of blood test evidence to overcome a DUI.
- Violation of your rights: If the police officers violated any of your rights during the traffic stop and arrest, you could achieve a good outcome in your case.
Now that you know you do not have to accept your fate, it is time to increase your knowledge about creating a solid DUI defense in Sonora, California. Continue exploring our website to learn more.